Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Introduction

I may not be able to write a book, but I certainly know how to read one, and this blog is about a book. But it's not just any book. I have read books. Many books. Hundreds of books. Perhaps even thousands. I have read books on quite a few academic subjects, from philosophy to British military history to classical prose and contemporary poetry. I have read books on music and on love. I've read books that make me wonder and books that make me bored. Quite a few books have made me angry; two have made me cry (
 Les Miserables & The Shack). But no book, no literary work in all of my scholastic and academic history, has ever made me want to write a blog.

Until now.

Don't get me wrong, I greatly enjoy writing. I used to write on a daily basis, and perhaps for that reason I am returning to write again. But to do so requires an inspiration of sorts that is, in a word, uncanny. After all, writing every day for half a year is a daunting task. Even with great inspiration creativity tends to arrive in short bundles and bursts. For me to even consider this feat would be to assume that the material I am writing on is inspiration so incredible that it will never run dry. I submit to you, my dear readers, that I have found such a book.

"The Divine Conspiracy"



by Dallas Willard

It shall be my task over this next year to prove to you, through various discussions, ponderings, and exclamatory proclamations, that the material in this book is so life and game changing that it deserves, not only a blog, but your readership as well. You are free to judge to what extent I accomplish this task, and if you're feeling bold, perhaps even read along with me. Until tomorrow, I bid you good reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment